Enroll for our class!
Take our class
- This spring quarter ESLP is offering classes 2 or 5 units to UCSC undergraduates! Each year we offer ten to fifteen Action Research Teams, on topics ranging from sustainable agriculture, green building, to social justice. (For a full list of topics, see Blueprint for a Sustainable Campus).
- Here’s the AWESOME part: Action Research Teams will be facilitated by fellow undergraduate students! Each ART will comprise of small groups of 10-15 students. Enrolled students will engage in discussion, research and projects throughout the quarter.
- In conjunction with the individual Action Research Teams, ESLP holds a weekly Monday Night Lecture Series. A different guest speaker will be featured every week. Attendance at the Speaker series is required for enrolled ESLP students, and open to the public!
Get Involved in Other Ways
ESLP offers two other great opportunities for getting involved:
- Facilitate an ESLP Action Research Team (ART) Become an ESLP Organizer
- Do you have specific passions or interests within sustainability? Do you want to inspire others and effect change? ESLP can give you the tools to do this!
- All facilitators are required to take the 5-unit Winter Training Seminar, where they will learn facilitation skills and project management techniques. Facilitators will receive an additional 5-units of credit for facilitating their Action Research Team in the spring.
- Want to learn more? Visit our Facilitator FAQ page or check out an example of a past application from co-facilitators.
- Become an ESLP Organizer
- A lot of behind-the-scenes work went into creating a large-scale student-facilitated class. ESLP is comprised of 8-10 Organizers who work to make the classes happen every year.
- Organizers work within three separate “spheres”: CollabNet Sphere, Heart Sphere and Academic Sphere. CollabNet Sphere handles outreach for ESLP. Heart Sphere coordinates the Monday Night Lecture Series. Academic Sphere works with facilitators during the Winter Training Seminar and spring quarter.
- Organizer positions are preferably year-long commitments. Check our website for position postings.
- Organizers may receive 2-units or 5-units in internship credit. Organizers who successfully complete both a 2-unit and 5-unit internships with ESLP are eligible to receive stipends subsequent quarters.